- Unilaterally abolish the Common Agricultural Policy and the Common External Tariff so that Britain and other EU countries can trade freely with the rest of the world, and allow producers in developing countries to compete fairly against European producers. If we leave the EU, unilaterally abolish all import tariffs.
- Promote mutual recognition of regulation between countries within free trade agreements instead of regulatory harmonisation, to reduce non-tariff barriers to trade quickly and inexpensively.
- Abolish the net migration cap and greatly expand the number of Tier 2 (General) visas available for skilled workers who wish to move to the UK. Maintain freedom of movement with other EU states, even if we leave the EU.
- Set up a lottery-based guest worker programme for unskilled workers from abroad, modelled on New Zealand's Recognised Seasonal Employer scheme and Canada's Seasonal Agricultural Workers Program, which have shown to deliver enormous welfare gains to migrants and their families.
- Prioritise deregulation of international money transfer rules, to reduce costs from sending remittances to poor countries.