Spend your Gap Year at the Adam Smith Institute
Applications are now open and will close on Sunday 1st July 2018.
The Adam Smith Institute is looking for a student aged 18-20 taking a Gap Year between A-Levels and university to come and spend the year with us.
The main requirements are that you:
- Are on a gap year; you must be 18-20
- Are open-minded, inquisitive, friendly, intellectually curious, eager to learn and interested in policy
- Know and have an opinion on the ASI's perspective and what it does
- Have a broadly liberal perspective on the world
The specific duties will include:
- Formatting and laying out ASI publications
- Carrying out research for ASI writers
- Managing the ASI database and website
- Keeping the office tidy
- Doing secretarial work for the directors
- Setting up and cleaning up after events
- Mailing publications out to subscribers
- Logging RSVPs for events
- Supporting donor relations
- Meeting a wide range of interesting & important people
- Learning about economics & politics
- Socialising with the staff
- Writing blog posts
Previous interns have gone on to work with the Adam Smith Institute, including former Executive Director, Sam Bowman, current Head of Programmes, Daniel Pryor, and former Head of Digital Policy, Charlotte Bowyer, who was a Gap Year intern in 2009-10.
The role will pay £5.90/hour (based on a 37.5 hour week), and is strictly limited to students on a Gap Year in between school and university. We will not consider university graduates. It will commence in September or October and finish in the summer of 2019, subject to the successful applicant's needs.
Applicants will be invited to interview at the Adam Smith Institute's offices in Westminster over the summer.
Please send a CV and cover letter of around 500 words, which explains why you'd like to work at the ASI, to email@example.com by Saturday 1st July.