Written by Martin Waller
What substance is so toxic and dangerous to any who come into contact with it in the workplace that, under The Chemicals (Hazard Information and Packaging) Regulations 1993, it must be accompanied by a five-page product safety data sheet? This warns that “prolonged skin contact may defat and dry skin leading to possible irritation and dermatitis", that eye contact must be treated instantly with cold water, skin contact ditto, mouth contact ditto, if swallowed take medical advice, and gloves and safety glasses should be worn. Spent nuclear waste? Distilled bleach? Er, no, and I am indebted to the Adam Smith Institute for this — Blu-Tack.
Published in the Times here.