Backpacking around South-East Asia is great, but do you know what's more fun?
That's right, spending 4 - 9 months in the ASI office with all of your favourite libertarians!
It's that time of year again: the ASI is looking for two new employees, to start in September 2016.
As last year, the crucial requirements are that you:
- Are on a gap year; you must be 18-20
- Are open-minded, inquisitive, friendly, intellectually curious, eager to learn and interested in policy
- Know and have an opinion on the ASI's perspective and what it does
- Have a broadly liberal perspective on the world
Does that sound like you? If it does, you've passed the first hurdle. Congratulations! You're one step closer to potentially becoming the latest ASI intern.
Your duties will include:
- Organising lunches and dinners
- Keeping the database up-to-date
- Managing the blog
- Reviewing and editing ASI publications
- Selling ASI merchandise
- Doing secretarial work for the directors
- Logging RSVPs for events
- Meeting a wide range of interesting & important people
- Learning about social & political science
- Socialising with the staff
- Carrying out self-directed research
- Writing blog posts
- Setting up and cleaning up after events
- Mailing out publications to subscribers
And, of course, having fun!
Previous interns have gone on to work with the Adam Smith Institute, including the ASI’s current Deputy Director, Sam Bowman, and Head of Digital Policy, Charlotte Bowyer, who was a Gap Year intern in 2009-10.
The role pays the National Minimum Wage. All applicants will interview with President Madsen Pirie and Deputy Director Sam Bowman at the Adam Smith Institute offices in Westminster during the summer.
Please send a CV and cover letter of around 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 20th July 2016.